Welcome to our Press Room!
Thanks to the tremendous media interest and PRF’s outreach efforts, we have identified record numbers of children with Progeria, and gained many new supporters who have joined in our quest for the cure after seeing stories of children with Progeria on TV, on line and in newspapers and magazines. Others are moved to take action after learning of the tremendous progress PRF is making through research studies published in leading scientific journals. And the publicity surrounding the connection between Progeria, heart disease and the normal aging process has intrigued countless others worldwide, as people recognize that finding the cure for Progeria may end up helping the entire aging population.
We receive many media inquiries from journalists and producers who are interested in developing their own stories to raise awareness of Progeria. If you are a member of the media and you would like to discuss a story idea that will help raise awareness and educate others about Progeria, please contact:
The following press releases detail the wonderful progress being made in Progeria research, thanks to the driving efforts of The Progeria Research Foundation:
- November 23, 2020: Proceeds from Priority Review Voucher Sale Will Fund Search for Cure for the Rapid Aging Disease Progeria
- November 20, 2020: First-Ever Treatment for Rare Rapid-Aging Disease Progeria Receives U.S. FDA Approval
- March 23, 2020: FDA Submission Completed for First-Ever Treatment for Rapid-Aging Disease Progeria
- December 17, 2019: First-ever treatment for rare, rapid-aging disease Progeria submitted in New Drug Application to the FDA
- September 18, 2019: ‘Find the Children – 60 in India with Progeria’ Campaign Re-Ignites the Search for Children with Progeria in India
- May 16, 2018: On the Heels of the JAMA study, PRF and Eiger Biopharmaceuticals Partner to Pursue FDA Approval of Lonafarnib
- April 24 2018: BREAKING NEWS! Global Study Published in JAMA Finds Treatment with Lonafarnib Extends Survival in Children with Progeria
- April, 2017 Teachers and Students: Curriculum based on HBO’s Life According to Sam and Sam’s TEDx talk now available.
- November 10, 2016: Carly Cares partners with The Progeria Research Foundation to fund a progeria research grant
- July 11, 2016: Results of Triple Drug Trial for Progeria Published
- June 2015: Foundation’s Search for Children with Progeria Extends to China
- June 15, 2015: Search begins for approximately 60 unidentified Progeria children in India
- May 6, 2014: BREAKING NEWS! Study Finds Trial Medications Increase Lifespan in Children With Progeria
- September 24, 2012: First-Ever Treatment for Progeria Discovered
- October 25, 2010: PRF Celebrates the 1-Year Anniversary of the Find the Other 150 Campaign!
- October 25, 2009: PRF Launches Global Campaign to Find All Children with Progeria
- February 7, 2008: Study published in the New England Journal of Medicine Provides Insight into HGPS, General Aging Process
- June 2006: Actors Mary Steenburgen and Ted Danson Join the Fight against Progeria with National Public Education Campaign
- February 16, 2006: UCLA Finds Cancer Drug May Improve Progeria; Genetic Disease Causes Accelerated Aging in Children
- August 29, 2005: Blocking a Premature Aging Syndrome with Anticancer Drugs
- April 16, 2003: Identification of Gene Gives Hope to Children with Progeria; May Shed Light on Phenomenon of Aging